Did You Know Back, Hip and Knee Pain Can Be Caused By Foot Problems?
We treat and accept referrals of patients with plantar fasciitis, tarsalgia, metatarsalgia and plantarflexed metatarsal heads. We do not accept referrals for diabetes related foot pains such as diabetic ulcers, neuromas, neuropathy or bunions. However if you are suffering from diabetes related foot problems:
There are many things you can do to prevent serious problems with your feet.
- Check your feet daily - look for red spots, sweelling, and infected toenails, cracks in the skin
- Check inside your shoes before you put them on. Make sure ther is nothing inside to irritate your feet.
- Wash your feet daily - wash in warm water NOT hot! Do not soak your feet the skin will become dry.
- Keep the skin soft and smooth - rub a thin coat of lotion, cream on top and bottom of feet, not between the toes.
- Smooth corns and callouses gently - check with doctor on severity and treatment.
- Trim your toenails regularly - check with doctor on best method for you.
- Wear properly fitting shoes and socks at all times - do NOT go barefoot.
- Protect your feet from hot and cold _ sunscreen to prevent sunburn.
- Be more active - ask your doctor to help you plan a program suitable for you. Walking, dancing, swimming, and bicycling are good forms of exercise and are easy on the feet. Avoid running and jumping. Include a short warm-up period and a cool-down period. Do not forget to wear your properly fitted athletic shoes.
For conditions mentioned above, our treatment protocol consists of non-invasive chiropractic foot care. Which includes advanced extremity adjusting, custom made orthotics, orthopedic appliances and physiotherapy modalities.
Contact Dr.Soraya, at Los Angeles and Beverly Hills Chiropractic Medical Group for more information and to see if your insurance company covers orthotics. Call us today at 310.358.5568